Planning & Zoning Phone 847-625-6878
For Single Family Homes/ Condo / Town Homes & (2) Two Unit Buildings
- Apply with a minimum of 5 days prior to your closing
- Obtain “Closing Letter Application” (Form Fillable pdf.) at www.waukeganil.gov
- Email Application to firstname.lastname@example.org (inspection fee included in final bill)
- All final documents from closing can be mailed in with payment for any outstanding services
- No physical visit to City Hall necessary for processing
- Automatic Water Transfer to Buyer
For (3) Three or More Unit Buildings Zoning Certificate Application Process Required
- Obtain at www.waukeganil.gov. An “Application for Zoning Letter “ that is required prior to or listing home-City requires that their poster is displayed in the window or storm door of home.-$100.00 fee, Form, and appointment required. The City will charge a daily FINE if not completed.
- “Application For Zoning Letter” and Fee can be mailed to City of Waukegan, Planning & Zoning Department, 3rd Floor 100 N. Martin Luther King, Jr Ave. Waukegan, IL 60085
- Contact Collections Office-847/360-0535- to obtain a history transaction journal for any outstanding water/sewer/liens/parking tickets/municipal fines on property. E-mail all supporting documentation to HUD’s Field Service Manager to obtain approval prior to closing.
- Buyers Closing Agent to contact the Collections Office to schedule a Final Water Meter reading 5-days prior to closing. All outstanding fees must be paid prior to closing. E-mail to HUD’s Field Service Manager to have paid.
- Transfer Stamp=Buyers Closing Agent must have the Zoning Letter to present Buyer at closing.
- Requirements (1) Village Poster on Home (2) No Lien Letter (3) Zoning Documents